How to apply
Our application process is extremely easy and straightforward to use.
- Go to our Graduate and Student Recruitment homepage here
- Select which programme you wish to apply for by selecting ‘apply´ under the name of the scheme
- Answer the mandatory introductory questions
- Create your application account
- Complete the rest of the application form and submit.
Please note we do not accept CV applications for any of our roles.
All applicants need to be in possession of the necessary work authorisation for South Africa.
We look for a consistently strong academic performance throughout high school and at university. All candidates must be studying for, or have completed, an LLB Law degree, and have at least one year's academic results to be eligible for consideration. We will ask you to provide all of your degree module grades on our application form.
At Allen & Overy we will look for you to demonstrate these core skills:
- A commitment to a career in international commercial law
- A commitment to and clear articulation of why you want to work at Allen & Overy
- Commercial awareness of both the law and business
- Team-working skills
- Communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Planning and organisation skills
- Drive and motivation to succeed
We will look favourably on applications that show a high level of commitment to extra curricular activity or work experience as well as excellent academic performance.