Vision and Values
Our vision is “to be the best performing, most trusted and respected business in South Africa". This starts with attracting and retaining people of the highest calibre who share our vision, and then truly empowering them to do the rest.
Every person within the company is valued for their unique contribution and to this end, we devote a huge amount of time and attention to the relationships between our leaders and our people.
As brandhouse employees, we live by these values:
- Passionate about brands, consumers and customers – We are passionate about our brands and courageous in pursuing their full potential. We have an insatiable curiosity about consumers’ needs/motivations and strive to build the strongest, most enduring brand/consumer relationships in the market.
- Freedom to succeed and learn – We give ourselves and each other the trust, freedom and support to succeed and to encourage our entrepreneurial spirit. We are willing to risk and recognise that we will make mistakes as we learn and grow. We are a team, whether together or apart.
- Be the best – We want to win, which is why we are always learning, always improving and never satisfied. We set high standards and then exceed them, and we celebrate our successes.
- Valuing each other – We value each other and develop our talent to build a team that reflects the rich diversity in our market. By celebrating and inspiring everyone as individuals, we create mutually fulfilling relationships and partnerships.
- Integrity in word and deed – We are open and honest with each other and those around us, and constructively challenge each other for our greater benefit. We act sensitively with the highest standards of integrity and social responsibility within our communities.
- Inspired by ideas – We will constantly search for new ideas and opportunities that drive growth. We will also solicit innovations and best practice from our parent companies. We will implement these quickly and effectively, balancing risk and opportunity
We place enormous importance on responsible drinking within our business. All our employees are taken through various programmes that enable and empower them to make the right choices around alcohol consumption and are equipped to influence those around them. All employees sign a comprehensive alcohol policy that includes requirements around alcohol and the workplace, alcohol-related offences outside of work as well as a no tolerance approach to drinking and driving.
Diversity and Inclusion
We recognise that through a diverse workforce, our decision-making and business outcomes will be so much richer. The diversity in our workplace reflects, but is not be restricted to: gender, race, ethnicity, nationality, disability, age, religion, sexuality, education and family status. However, we acknowledge that having a diverse workforce is not enough. We constantly strive to cultivate an environment that is inclusive of our differences; an environment that not only taps into our employee intellect but understands our values and engages the whole person.