The main function of the Human Resources (HR) Intern is to assist Globeleq South Africa Management Services’ (GSAMS)’s HR and Support Team with various generalist HR responsibilities.
The HR Intern will gain exposure to the entire employment life cycle including, but not limited to, recruitment and selection; performance management; labour relations; compensation, benefits and reward; organisational design; employee wellness and succession planning.
As this is an internship position, applicants should have less that 1 year’s working experience.
In line with our Employment Equity commitments, candidates from designated groups are preferred.
- On-boarding and Terminations
- Assist with the administration of new joiners and leavers
- Set up meetings with service providers for new joiners
- Scheduling external and internal training/workshops
- Schedule information sessions
- Schedule site visits, where necessary
- Booking flights and accommodation
- Preparing the welcome folders
- Updating employee files, with necessary documents, i.e. signed employee contracts, medical aid forms, etc.
- Assist with ensuring the signing and filing of policy documents
- Assist with leaver administration, i.e. UI19s, Certificates of Service, etc.
- Loading CVs onto the Intranet
- Booking flights for candidates and interviewers
- Updating and maintaining candidates folder on the Intranet
- Updating and maintaining physical candidates files.
- Scholarship Programme and Internship Programme
- Assist with drafting of scholarship agreements and other related documents
- Assisting with research and data analysis
- Booking flights and accommodation for interviewers and applicants, where necessary
- Save, print, file and tag application forms and other documents
- Assist with updating and maintaining relevant scholarship and internship databases
- Scheduling interviews and meetings
- Assisting with marketing of the Scholarship and Internship programmes
- Assist with relevant Intern induction related tasks
- Produce research reports and presentations on real-life business cases
- HR employee filing, which includes maintaining electronic and physical employee files
- Create purchase orders and new vendors
- Assist with training and development process, i.e. source training providers, scheduling external and internal training/workshops, etc.
- Assist with the updating and maintaining of the Skills Development database
- Follow-up with Line managers regarding bi-annual performance appraisal and file performance documents
- Update organogram
- Offer general administrative assistance to HR team
- And any other duties, as assigned by the HR Manager or HR Officers, in line with the role.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent attention to detail
- Very good inter-personal skills
- Very good planning, organising and time-management skills
- High quality orientation
- Able to maintain a very high degree of confidentiality
- Able to multi-task and work well in a team, as well as independently.
Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications
- A degree (Including BTech) in Human Resources or Industrial/Organisational Psychology (with HR subjects) is a requirement. Students completing their studies by the end of 2018 will also be considered.
- Some experience in HR administration would be an advantage but is not a requirement.
- Candidates with more than 12 months’ work experience cannot be considered for this Internship role.
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel is required. PowerPoint skills would be an advantage.
- A valid driver’s license would be an advantage.
- Job type:Internships
Arts and Humanities, Human Resources, Psychology
South African Citizen, South African...
- Closing Date:15th Oct 2018, 9:59 pm