The Solar Plant Intern is responsible to assist in the maintenance and operations of the plant. This may include assisting with the implementation of plant optimisation projects, under guidance by the Solar PV Technician(s) and Line Manager.
As this is an internship position, applicants should have less that 1 year’s working experience.
In line with our Employment Equity commitments, candidates from designated groups are preferred.
- Assist with the planning, preparation for and management of, activities pertaining to maintaining, testing, diagnosing, repairing and replacing PV system electrical components which will include the following:
- Investigate technical failures and prepare formal report
- Participate in ensuring that contractors comply with HSE requirements
- May require standby duties
- Prepare Requests for Quotes as needed, to source service providers or purchase goods
- Report significant events to the relevant Solar PV Technician(s), Line Manager and/or Plant Manager.
- Assist Solar PV Technician(s) with monthly inspections.
- Participate in the compilation of data for weekly and/or monthly reports.
- Assist HSE&Q Officers with tasks, as required.
- Assist with conducting site visits and specific induction sessions.
- Participate in general site administrative duties.
- Any other duties, as assigned by the Line Manager and Solar PV Technician(s), in line with the role.
Skills and Competencies:
- Able to troubleshoot and analyze data including following various types of process charts, schematics, single line diagrams
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Well-organized and responsive in all communications including clear, concise e-mails
- Good team player; able to balance team and individual responsibilities
- Good presentation skills
- Able to manage stress and high-pressure situations
- Able to handle multiple projects, prioritize work and work effectively under limited supervision.
Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Minimum of a N4 Electrical Certificate or a National Diploma in Mechatronic or Electrical Engineering, with only experiential learning outstanding.
- Some understanding of PV plants is an advantage.
- A basic understanding of:
- Switching LV, MV and HV systems
- Lock-out tag-out procedures
- Power system protection
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Able to read and interpret single line diagrams and schematics.
- Able to analyse data, investigate and report on trends.
- A basic understanding of general SCADA systems.
- General ERP/CMMS knowledge: SAP, Ellipse, SAGE, Maximo, etc.
- A basic understating of PLC troubleshooting and maintenance would be advantageous.
- Able and willing to work in an outdoor environment.
- Code B driver’s license is an advantage
- Job type:Internships
Engineering, Engineering Electrical, Engineering Mechatronics
South African Citizen, South African...
- Closing Date:15th Oct 2018, 9:59 pm