The MRP Group is looking to recruit a Graduate who will be based at our Shipping department for as a Shipping Intern for 6 month fixed term contract. This graduate will go through a “learning, development and training” process in the relevant departments.
- Grade 12 / Matric or equivalent qualification
- A completed qualification in Shipping/ Import and Export / Freight forwarding/ International trade
- Must be computer literate with an intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication and good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work accurately, with strict attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced, highly pressurized environment and able to meet deadlines
- Collaborative attitude
A guideline of what you’ll do as a Shipping Graduate Trainee:
- Prepare high volume duty drawback claims utilizing both computerized and manual systems and files
- Assisting with preparation and submission of complete duty refund claim applications (DA66) to SARS
- Prepare the necessary documentation, quality control and collate all relevant import documentation in line with SARS legislation
- Contribute to the achievement of team targets and facilitate problem solving within the process of the core job function
- Quality control check drawback claims / refund jackets, manage multiple concurrent drawback claims and keep a detailed register of all draw back claims
- Submit manual / electronic drawback jackets to SARS and manage the refund process
- Coordinating SARS export supervision inspections for the dutiable cargo being exported, in accordance with SARS regulations
- Candidate must be willing to travel to and from SARS/Customs and MRP DC in accordance with inspection of goods
- Issue instructions to third party export service provider to draft, submit and provide copies of relevant export bills of Entry in accordance with DA63 and SARS requirements
- Drafting SARS applications for permission to export goods under Customs supervision and subsequently claim a duty refund thereafter
- Show capabilities to develop and maintain business relationships with SARS officials to optimize efficiency of workflow.
- Be proficient in Microsoft excel and have strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to directly interact with customs
- Deadline driven and able to work independently with minimal guidance
- Assist the shipping department when required
- Work with various stakeholders to ensure process is completed within agreed export lead days
- Provide updates and feedback to Duty Drawback team Leader for executive summary of progress on a weekly basis
- keeping records of processed consignment documents in accordance with SARS Refund/ Drawback requirements
- Providing Ad-hoc support on export queries
- Work with respective stakeholders and SARS Customs officials to ensure all procedures are compliant with regulations of SARS Refund/Drawback policies and external guides
- Ensure Duty Drawback register and Consignment Tracker is updated at all times for reporting purposes
- Must be prepared to rotate between different departments as part of the learning and development process.
A little about the Mr Price Group:
Passion Value Partnership is our core values.
The Mr Price Group is a Cash-based, omni-channel, fashion-value retailer. Mr Price Group has 6 trading divisions namely: mrp; mrphome; mrpsport; MILADYS; sheet street and mrpmoney.
We employ over 17000 people and retail in over 1000 South African based stores, almost 100 international stores and through our online channels offering our full product assortments.
The Mr Price Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to Employment Equity.
- Job type:Internships
Logistics and Supply Chain, Operations
South African Citizen, South African...
- Closing Date:14th Nov 2018, 7:00 am