Sector: Fast Moving Consumer Good (FMCG)
Description of company
Nestlé is the largest food and beverage company in the world, marketing its products in 150 countries globally. In South Africa, Nestlé has five factories nationwide, as well as two distribution centres.
The South African region’s product offering include coffee, beverages, food, confectionary, infant nutrition, dairy and cereals. Nestlé manufactures brands which have become household names providing nutritious food and beverages to 1 billion consumers worldwide, every day.
Nestlé prides itself on its purpose of enhancing quality of life of consumers throughout their lives. The company takes its responsibility to ensure the highest quality of food and product safety, and in so doing, has built a large stable of sustainable, brands with trust being the cornerstone to the brand.
Number of Employees: 3000
What do we offer our Graduates?
The Nestlé Future Talent Graduate Development Programme welcomes graduates from all over South Africa. The programme runs over 24 months and is a rotational development programme designed to provide an introduction to the everyday working world of Nestlé together with hands-on work experience. It also provides graduates with a strong foundation for further success and development.
Throughout the programme, graduates are given a mentor, graduate coordinator and HR Business Partner, who all help with guidance and further consolidation of the discovery that there is ‘More To Life at Nestlé’.
Performance is assessed on a continual basis, which ensures graduates grow and develop both functionally and through business skills.
A few of the company perks
- Staff shop
- Study leave
- Study Assistance, Bursaries and Study Loan
- Market related salaries
- Annual salary reviews
- Benefits similar to those of permanent employees
- Relocation Costs
- On-Site Crèche
- Dedicated breastfeeding Rooms
- Safe and Covered Parking
- Wellness programme
- Local brands include NESCAFE, MILO, NESQUIK, MAGGI and KIT KAT, amongst others
- Nestlé was established in 1866 by Henri Nestle, in response to the high infant mortality rate in Switzerland at the time.
- Nestlé is a company driven by principles and not just profit
- Building and maintaining brand equity lies at the heart of the company
- Employees are provided with a challenging career path and the skills to meet those challenges