Name: Ayabulela Mjiwu
University: Walter Sisulu University
Year of Graduation: 2017
Job Title: Technical Assistant
“Nestlé has shown me a lot. The management team has provided a platform for me to prove myself and to me that is what we need as graduates, a company that believes that you can add value.”
What are your main responsibilities?
I deal with maintenance:
- Co-ordination maintenance manning
- Co-ordinating contractor on site
- Line improvements
- Identify and close high-risk areas on the line
- Report on daily activities on the daily review meetings
- Complete action from daily review meetings
- Complete project for line performance improvements
What has been the highlight of your time at Nestlé?
- Adding value to the company on a day to day bases
- Meeting the top management and present a project to them and receiving constructive feedback from them
- Working with my team in my department and seeing the production result improvement from our input.
Why did you choose to work at Nestlé?
I wanted to work for the best in the FMCG industry and once I started working here, I then realised how much Nestlé cares about their customers and the effort they put in their product to meet the high standard that we know and love.
What advice can you offer to final year students looking for their first job?
If you want to grow in your field, be given an opportunity to stand on your own and add value, also to work in a team environment with one common goal, then Nestlé is the right company for you to start your career.