Stor-Age Property REIT Ltd is South Africa’s leading specialist self storage real estate investment trust, pioneering the standards for a relatively new service sector in the South African economic landscape. Listed on the JSE in 2015 and following the acquisition of Storage King in the UK in 2017, the company has plans for further growth in pursuit of the Vision to be the best self storage company in the world.
As part of this plan Stor-Age is now looking to appoint two energetic Area Operations Managers to take up the challenge of the next step in their careers by joining the company’s dynamic middle management team; one based in Gauteng; one based in Cape Town.
Preference will be given to African Females (South African) in line with the Employment Equity Act.
Reporting to the General Manager: Operations, and after successfully completing an initial induction programme, the successful incumbents will be responsible for inspiring exceptional front-line customer service aligned with the company’s:
- Values of excellence, sustainability, relevance and integrity.
- Standard operating policies and procedures.
- HR policies and procedures; and
- Occupational health and safety requirements.
- Employee relations legislation.
And accountable for:
- Driving day-to-day business performance to maximise ROI of multi-million Rand self storage properties in the designated area.
- Contributing to and executing sales and marketing plans to achieve monthly rental and occupancy targets.
- Ensuring compliance with all aspects of the company’s brand standards
- Astutely balancing personal behaviours required in a corporate environment with the culture of a dynamic, entrepreneurial, fun and exciting enterprise.
The following are required to be considered for an interview:
- A business-related degree from a reputable tertiary institution.
- A post-graduate degree or diploma is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ management experience in sales, marketing or business management positions with personal examples of successful recruitment, training, performance management, taking appropriate disciplinary action and managing debtors.
- Ambition and potential to be fully accountable for up to 12 self-storage facilities.
- Professional attitude and work ethic, able to work independently with well-developed time management and effective inter-personal skills.
- Analytical and numeracy skills with an understanding of business ratios and financial principles.
- IT literate (email, MS Office) and thoroughly competent user of operations management software and / or point of sales systems.
- Excellent communication skills in English able to interact at all levels in the company.
- Valid driver’s license and own reliable vehicle, physically fit and able to travel safely and regularly to all the facilities in the designated area and to the Head Office in Claremont Cape Town for meetings and other business purposes.
Kindly submit a comprehensive CV (not a résumé) with a motivational letter to [email protected]
If you do not receive a response within 2 weeks of submitting your application please regard your application as unsuccessful. Please note that these are not positions in the logistics or bulk- warehousing-related industry.
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.