About Swiss Re
Swiss Re Reinsurance provides clients and brokers with reinsurance products, insurance-based capital market instruments and risk management services. Reinsurance operates globally through two segments – Property & Casualty and Life & Health. Reinsurance revenues totalled USD 29 billion in 2016.
About the Role
Strong expectation to take ownership of learning & development by utilizing Swiss Re's extensive knowledge resources. Will learn to provide accurate and consistent risk selection on a timely basis through original case underwriting
This will include exposure to:
- Life & health insurance product knowledge
- Medical knowledge in the context of underwriting
- Financial underwriting
- Occupation and part time activities underwriting
Will be expected to learn and maintain departmental standards in line with Swiss Re Life & Health underwriting principles. Expected to learn, engage and contribute in our broader business including with other job functions.
- Minimum Matric including biology/Life sciences at grade 12.
- University graduate (or similar) preferred. Commerce or health care (or related e.g. occupational therapy, physiotherapy, biosciences) majors preferred.
- Strong ability to work and develop knowledge & skills independently.
- Self-motivator taking ownership of performance and personal development.
- Decision-making and problem solving capabilities.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact positively and effectively with others.
- Excellent networking skills.
- Must be able to represent Swiss Re on a professional basis with various clients and industry groups.
- Comfortable using computers and other technology.
- Strong command of English essential.
- Portuguese/French and Swahili will be an advantage.
- Strong desire for further career growth and to develop further than just these job requirements.
Internship end date: April 2020
Preference will be given to designated applicants as per the employment equity act.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Actuary, Banking and Finance, Business...
South African Permanent Resident, South...
- Closing Date:No Closing Date specified